Doing God’s Work in Our Community… and Beyond!
St. Giles is happy to serve our community in many capacities. Our Outreach Program touches a diverse area across the First Coast with food, clothing, holidays drives, school supplies and support for local charites. We also serve missions in Jamaica and provide assistance to programs as far away as Australia.
We are always looking for people who are interested in investing their time and talents to support our community.
The Outreach Committee organizes fundraising activities throughout the year to support the projects listed below. If you have an idea and would like to carryout a fundraiser, we’d love your involvement.
If you’d like to serve on the Outreach Committee or on another one of our projects, please contact the church office at (904) 272-1244.
- Easter and Thanksgiving Baskets – Sponsor baskets with donation; also assist in purchasing food items from list (reimbursed) and packing baskets week before holiday.
- Military Care Packages – A few good men and women (or could be a family activity), needed to pack boxes and take to the Post Office to mail. Postage reimbursed through Good Samaritan Fund. Collection box in church narthex with suggested item list; nice to include fun snack items with toiletries, hard candy, beef jerky, cheese crackers, etc.
- Postal Food Drive – Members of the community donate food. Postal workers pick it up and volunteers from our community churches are needed to sort and distribute the food to the local food banks.
- Christmas in July – Donations to replenish Good Samaritan Fund. Date TBA.
- Good Samaritan Fund – (Supported by congregations’ donations and Good Samaritan Fund.) Assistance to those in need in our community. Always looking for new ideas.
- Back to School Drive – For Clothes Closet, month of July. New children’s sock and underwear needed for boys and girls 3-18 years, multi-packs appreciated.
- School Supplies in July – Collection of School Supplies for children in need.
- “Keep Them Warm” – Fall Clothes Closet Drive, (cold weather items needed) – Blankets, coats, sweaters, and socks collected for one month.
- Angel Tree – Choose a child from the community on our tree during the month before Christmas.
- Clothes Closet – St. Giles members are need to assist at the Clothes Closet on the third Saturday of every month. Additionally, canned and boxed foods are collected the first Sunday of the month in the Church Narthex and are delivered to the Clothes Closet the following day.
- Quigley House – Gently used bras are collected in October for donation to the Quigley House.
“My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action.”